- 29th November 2019
- Yet to be specified.
- Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice
Paediatric Advance Care Planning study day
On the 29th November, Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice will be providing a study day consisting of the following:
- Talks on practicalities as well as ethical, research, and parent's perspectives.
- Nationally and regionally recognised faculty to include:
- Dr Richard Hain, Consultant and Lead Clinician, Paediatric Palliative Care, Children's Hospitial, Cardiff and Visiting Professor, University of South Wales.
- Dr Toni Wolff, Consultant Paediatrician, Nottingham University Hospitals NHSFT and Lead Clinician, Chameleon Project.
- Dr Sarah Mitchell, Macmillan GP, NIHR Doctoral Research fellow, Clinical Lead for Children - Sheffield CCG.
- Mrs Sacha Langton-Gilks, Author of Follow The Child: Planning and Having the Best End of Life Care for Your Child, Lead Champion (non-clinical) HeadSmart, Campaigner for children' palliative care.
- Practical workshop on discussing and developing ACP.
The intended audience is senior paediatricians (consultant paediatricians and paediatric surgeons - general and specialist, senior paediatric trainees)
There are limited places - book early to avoid disappointment.
Dr Archana Soman
(Secretaries: Deboarah Bryce/ Amy Weakley)
Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice, Cramfit Road, North Anston, Sheffield, S25 4AJ
Telephone: 01909 517369
Support for Families
There are a number of organisations providing support to families with children with life limiting conditions across Yorkshire and Humber and it can be difficult to know where to start sometimes. The service finder on our website lists some of the organisations local to you and the best place to start is often your local hospice as they are a local hub and can offer information and advice about useful services.Find Out More
Support for Professionals
The Network provides access to regional training, sharing good practice and a Regional Annual Conference for professionals working in Children’s Palliative Care across the Region. There are links to CPD and available training resources available through this website.Find Out More
There are a number of organisations providing bereavement support to families with children with life limiting conditions across Yorkshire and Humber. The support finder on our website lists some of the organisations local to you and the best place to start is often your local hospice as they are a local hub and can offer information and advice about useful services.Find Out More