- 17th June 2022
- Virtual / In person
Study days | Jan-Aug 2022
Eight interactive postgraduate level study days for professionals working in children’s palliative care services, taking place between January and August 2022. Book as standalone days or as a series.
- Suitable for: nurses, healthcare professionals, allied health professionals, social care, education colleagues and hospice staff, and others working in children’s palliative care.
- Developed by the Yorkshire and Humber Children’s Palliative Care Network with the University of Bradford and the region’s children’s hospices.
- Additional option of accessing a funded EPNS course through Bradford University in September 2022 to consolidate your learning and gain accreditation.
- Most days delivered online, with three taking place in person. Due to limited numbers, in person events will only be open to professionals working in Yorkshire and Humber.
- Cost: £25 per person per day. Discounted pass for all virtual events available at checkout.
[Past event] 21 Jan | Safeguarding in palliative care
[Past event] 18 Feb | Antenatal and neonatal palliative care
[Past event] 18 Mar | Symptom management
[Past event] 8 Apr | Leadership and children’s palliative care
17 Jun | Palliative care and young people *in person*
15 Jul | Communication in palliative care *in person*
26 Jul | Grief, loss and bereavement *in person*
Programmes and learning outcomes
Support for Families
There are a number of organisations providing support to families with children with life limiting conditions across Yorkshire and Humber and it can be difficult to know where to start sometimes. The service finder on our website lists some of the organisations local to you and the best place to start is often your local hospice as they are a local hub and can offer information and advice about useful services.Find Out More
Support for Professionals
The Network provides access to regional training, sharing good practice and a Regional Annual Conference for professionals working in Children’s Palliative Care across the Region. There are links to CPD and available training resources available through this website.Find Out More
There are a number of organisations providing bereavement support to families with children with life limiting conditions across Yorkshire and Humber. The support finder on our website lists some of the organisations local to you and the best place to start is often your local hospice as they are a local hub and can offer information and advice about useful services.Find Out More