Training we offer
Find all our upcoming training over on our events page.
Annual conference 2022
- Come to our annual conference looking at effective and equitable paediatric palliative care - keeping children and families at the centre.
- Details and expert speakers to be confirmed.
- Tickets cost £15, subsidised by the Strategic Clinical Network.
Study days | Jan-Aug 2022
Eight interactive postgraduate level study days for professionals working in children’s palliative care services, taking place between January and August 2022. Book as standalone days or as a series.
Suitable for: nurses, healthcare professionals, allied health professionals, social care, education colleagues and hospice staff, and others working in children’s palliative care.
Developed by the Yorkshire and Humber Children’s Palliative Care Network with the University of Bradford and the region’s children’s hospices.
Additional option of accessing a funded EPNS course through Bradford University in September 2022 to consolidate your learning and gain accreditation.
Most days delivered online, with three taking place in person. Due to limited numbers, in person events will only be open to professionals working in Yorkshire and Humber.
Cost: £25 per person per day. Discounted pass for all virtual events available at checkout.
21 Jan | Safeguarding in palliative care [past event]
18 Feb | Antenatal and neonatal palliative care [past event]
18 Mar | Symptom management [past event]
8 Apr | Leadership and children’s palliative care [past event]
17 Jun | Palliative care and young people *in person*
15 Jul | Communication in palliative care *in person*
26 July | Grief, loss and bereavement *in person*
ECHO training: Transition in complex and palliative care | May-Nov 2022
Join us for ECHO online training on transition in complex and palliative care - ten sessions between May and November 2022.
- Facilitated by experts and those with lived experience.
- Discuss challenging cases with specialist teams, and improve competence and confidence in managing the transition of patients with neuro-muscular and other complex health conditions, palliative care needs or both.
- Open to children and adults’ hospices and specialists in palliative care, neuro-muscular conditions and neuro-disability.
- Cost: FREE
- When: 12-2pm
- Where: Zoom, registration required.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.